Friedrichs -- Scalia's death deadlocks the court
Then comes Gorsuch
More on the Janus case:
Funding or Carrying Out the Litigation:
- National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation (NRTWLDF) | Represented the plaintiffs in Harris v. Quinn, which was argued before the U.S. Supreme Court in January 2014
- Center for Individual Rights (CIR) | Represented the plaintiffs in Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association, which was argued before the U.S. Supreme Court in January 2016
- Liberty Justice Center and NRTWLDF | Represented the plaintiffs in Janus v. AFSCME, which will be argued before the U.S. Supreme Court on February 26, 2018
- Donors Trust/Donors Capital Fund | Donors Trust, headquartered in Virginia, is a tax-exempt charity founded in 1999 and is connected to Donors Capital Fund. SEE CALLAHAN, 201-208.
- Sarah Scaife Foundation | The Sarah Scaife Foundation is the largest of three foundations that make up the Pittsburgh-based Scaife family foundations.
- Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation | The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation was founded in 1942, and became a major organization with a national impact following the 1985 acquisition of the Allen-Bradley company by Rockwell International, a Fortune 500 manufacturing company. SEE CALLAHAN, 144-145
- Ed Uihlein Family Foundation | The Ed Uihlein Family Foundation is run by businessman Richard Uihlein, the son of Ed (Edgar) Uihlien. Richard Uihlein is an influential player in Illinois and Wisconsin state politics.
- Dunn’s Foundation for the Advancement of Right Thinking | The foundation was founded by William A. Dunn in 1994 to advocate for and fund libertarian causes.
- The United States has a total of 90,106 state and local governments
- The list
- Water boards in California
- Intergovernmental organizations in the United States